
P4B duties, 1M jobs lost due to pork meat smuggling—agri group
The SamahangIndustriya ng Agrikultura (Sinag), a leading agricultural group in the country, on Tuesday said the Philippine government lost around P4-billion in revenues in 2013 and almost a million Filipinos dependent on hog raising lost their livelihood in the last four years due to outright and technical smuggling of pork meat. Sinag said data from the Bureau of Animal Industry (BAI) indicate that 199 million kilos of pork were imported last year. However, a United Nations Commodity Trade Division (UN ComTrade) report of countries that exported pork meat to the Philippines showed pork importation at 237 million kilos –a difference of 38 million kilos that are presumed smuggled to the country.
Related Posts
Lawsuit Accuses Walmart of Defrauding Shoppers with Fake Parmesan
Common sense would dictate the discovery of wood pulp in cheap Parmesan can't end...
African Startup Using Phones to Spot Counterfeit Drugs
Drug Lane runs through a market in the heart of Accra, Ghana. It’s past the...
Police bust rackets producing fake medicines, cosmetics, food items
Delhi Police has busted rackets producing counterfeit medicines, food items,...
10,000 prosecuted in China for Counterfeit products
About 10,000 people were charged with producing counterfeit products in the first...

