Coalition says youth are target of contraband tobacco
The seizure of $14,000 worth of illegal cigarettes last week in Pictou County has caught the attention of the National Coalition Against Contraband Tobacco. Jacqueline Bradley, executive director of the coalition, phoned this newspaper to publicly express what she believes is a growing trend in Eastern Canada. She said she first became involved in the topic when her 15-year-old daughter came home from a party talking about people passing around cigarettes in a plastic baggie. She did some research and discovered it was contraband smokes. “For me the only thing I want my kids taking out of a baggie is their lunch,” she said. Youth are one of the main targets of contraband cigarettes and that’s something she says parents should be concerned about. “We have no way of truly knowing what’s in them because there is no control.”
Related Posts
Foreign Cigarettes Worth Over Rs 1 Crore Recovered From Mizoram
The operation was carried out by a combined team of Assam Rifles and the Customs...
NIA arrests man from Bengal in fake currency seizure case.
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Thursday arrested an absconding...
Mumbai airport customs destroys 3700 kgs of confiscated cigarettes
As part of an ongoing special initiative to free up office space, Mumbai...
Bulgaria police bust large-amount of smuggled goods
Haskovo. Some 103,200 pieces of cigarettes without excise stamps, 317 pairs of...