Dangerous counterfeit vodka ‘thought to have been sold in Chester’
Dangerous counterfeit vodka which could cause blindness and seizures is thought to have been sold in Chester . The bootleg booze was ‘Chekov’-branded but found to contain high levels of methanol, which is ‘extremely poisonous’ and can cause organ failure and death in extreme cases. Trading Standards said the vodka was ‘thought to have been sold in the Halton and Chester areas’. The fake product is a counterfeit version of the genuine Chekov brand sold by Booker Wholesale.