MAD 2.5 Million of Phone Accessories Seized in Nador
Rabat – Morocco’s Customs and Excise Administration seized more than MAD 2.5 million ($268,000) worth of mobile phone accessories at the port of Nador.
A press release from the port’s administration said that the seizure included 132,176 mobile phone chargers, 101 thousand car charging adapters, 10 thousand batteries, and close to 5,000 pieces of miscellaneous phone accessories.
The goods were imported with fraudulent processes and with no declaration, in an apparent effort to avoid paying customs duties and evade the control standards imposed on this type of product.
Poor quality electric accessories and chargers can pose a danger in the form of fire hazards and electric accidents, hence the strict standards enforced by authorities, said the release.
This operation comes in addition to similar operations conducted by Moroccan authorities earlier this year.
https://www.moroccoworldnews.com/2021/12/346093/mad-2-5-million-of-phone-accessories-seized-in-nador
Related Posts
Banning e-cigarettes will lead to smuggling, warns consumer group
The majority of e-cigarette users, or vapers, would seek to buy their devices and...
US seizes $4,000 worth of counterfeit Apple AirPods
US Customs and Border Protection says it seized almost $4,000 worth counterfeit...
West Bengal Gold Smuggling Operation: BSF Arrests Smuggler With 974 Grams of Gold
The Border Security Force (BSF) thwarted a gold smuggling attempt and arrested...
Three Held, Fake Currency With Face Value Of Rs 2.78 Lakh Seized
Indore (Madhya Pradesh) , November 28 (ANI): The Kanadia Police in Indore...


