MAD 2.5 Million of Phone Accessories Seized in Nador
Rabat – Morocco’s Customs and Excise Administration seized more than MAD 2.5 million ($268,000) worth of mobile phone accessories at the port of Nador.
A press release from the port’s administration said that the seizure included 132,176 mobile phone chargers, 101 thousand car charging adapters, 10 thousand batteries, and close to 5,000 pieces of miscellaneous phone accessories.
The goods were imported with fraudulent processes and with no declaration, in an apparent effort to avoid paying customs duties and evade the control standards imposed on this type of product.
Poor quality electric accessories and chargers can pose a danger in the form of fire hazards and electric accidents, hence the strict standards enforced by authorities, said the release.
This operation comes in addition to similar operations conducted by Moroccan authorities earlier this year.
https://www.moroccoworldnews.com/2021/12/346093/mad-2-5-million-of-phone-accessories-seized-in-nador
Related Posts
MP: Police nab fake Remdesivir sellers
Indore: Fake injections are being sold in the name of Remdesivir injection during...
Treat illicit trade as national threat, Ficci urges government
The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (Ficci) on Thursday...
Smuggled gold, hidden in knee cuff and slippers, seized at KIA
Customs officials at the Kempegowda International Airport here seized a...
Tracking terror money
During the past few decades, intelligence and law-enforcement agencies around the...



