MAD 2.5 Million of Phone Accessories Seized in Nador
Rabat – Morocco’s Customs and Excise Administration seized more than MAD 2.5 million ($268,000) worth of mobile phone accessories at the port of Nador.
A press release from the port’s administration said that the seizure included 132,176 mobile phone chargers, 101 thousand car charging adapters, 10 thousand batteries, and close to 5,000 pieces of miscellaneous phone accessories.
The goods were imported with fraudulent processes and with no declaration, in an apparent effort to avoid paying customs duties and evade the control standards imposed on this type of product.
Poor quality electric accessories and chargers can pose a danger in the form of fire hazards and electric accidents, hence the strict standards enforced by authorities, said the release.
This operation comes in addition to similar operations conducted by Moroccan authorities earlier this year.
https://www.moroccoworldnews.com/2021/12/346093/mad-2-5-million-of-phone-accessories-seized-in-nador
Related Posts
Cummins warns customers against counterfeit products
It said although some of the parts on the market appeared original, they were not...
Fake currency worth over 21L seized in Malda
Kolkata: The Bengal STF conducted a raid Tuesday night at PTS More, under...
Malaysian man’s alleged attempt to smuggle 30 cartons of cigarettes in a false data cable spool comes undone.
A 22-year-old Malaysian national was allegedly caught trying to smuggle...
35 lakh tablets, 2 quintal tramadol powder seized
As many as 35 lakh tablets and two quintals of tramadol powder were seized by the...

